Monday, February 22, 2010

Cozy Up To Your Morning Jolt!




So I know I said I would post the socks I knit up, but I just made a coffee cup cozy this afternoon and had to post it! Also, my socks need washed so they get back into shape before I can photograph them.

I made this cup cozy from a pattern in Durant's One-Skein Wonders book that I recently purchased. I thought it came out so well and I knit it up so quickly! That's a huge selling point for me, as I can be an instant-gratification kind of person. I always take my coffee to class and since I haven't invested in a really nice stainless steel thermos that will keep my coffee warm, this was the perfect thing to make. Now I can keep my coffee hot throughout my 2 1/2 hour classes (if the coffee lasts that long) and I won't burn my hands carrying it to class.

Although I can't reveal the pattern to you (whoever you may be), I can tell you that I made the cozy with Debbie Stoller's Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe yarn in a steely, almost lavender gray that is just gorgeous. I salvaged the yarn from some leg warmers that I made and was unsatisfied with. Let me tell you, that is one hard working yarn! I must have unraveled the leg warmers once or twice while making them and then a third and final time when I decided that I hated the pattern I used and the stitch definition is still fantastic. I really recommend this yarn. Plus, it's so cheap! I know the pictures aren't great because they were just taken on my phone, but hopefully you can get the idea.

Until next time! Keep knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment